Shop Pay Installments
Shop Pay offers customers the option to pay in full at checkout, or to split their purchase into 4 equal, interest-free installment payments for orders between 50 USD and 1000 USD. There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees passed on to customers.
Customers' credit scores aren't affected if they use Shop Pay Installments. However, if a customer doesn't pay their installment, or they make a late payment, then they might not be eligible to make purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future.
When a customer views a product, the following information about Shop Pay Installments is displayed:
- Calculated installment payment amounts
- Detailed information to customers who want to learn more about Shop Pay Installments
- The latest compliance and regulatory information
To use Shop Pay Installments, a customer goes through the following steps:
- The customer adds items to their cart.
- The customer checks out using Shop Pay.
- The customer selects Shop Pay Installments and chooses to pay for their order in 4 installments.
After a customer selects Shop Pay Installments, they review their purchase and are presented with one of the following options:
- Make their first payment at checkout
- Make their first payment 2 weeks after the purchase was made
The 3 remaining payments are automatically charged to the customer's debit or credit card every 2 weeks. Customers get an email reminder before each payment is charged.